welcome to BMS Link
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone managed to convert the VHDK to VHD or VHDX for Hyper-V?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone managed to convert the VHDK to VHD or VHDX for Hyper-V? Empty Anyone managed to convert the VHDK to VHD or VHDX for Hyper-V?

Post by TheAndyMac Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:01 pm

I run Hyper-V on my Windows 10 machines (partly as free, mainly as needed for some Visual Studio developer tools), so was wondering if anyone has any luck getting BMS Link to run on Hyper-V. First needs the virtual hard disk converted to VHD or VHDX format, and then may need some config tweaks - I am currently failing to convert the file, and was wondering if anyone had managed this?

TheAndyMac

Back to top Go down

Anyone managed to convert the VHDK to VHD or VHDX for Hyper-V? Empty Re: Anyone managed to convert the VHDK to VHD or VHDX for Hyper-V?

Post by skiv71 Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi Andy,

I've not used hyper-v myself, but I'll be releasing the new system soon, which means you can create a linux box of your own to host the core system.

The scada part (which is due to be seperated from the core), can run wherever you can install apache tomcat6, so you can run that in a windows VM.
skiv71
skiv71
Admin

http://bmslink.co.uk:8180 [guest:guest]

Back to top Go down

Anyone managed to convert the VHDK to VHD or VHDX for Hyper-V? Empty Re: Anyone managed to convert the VHDK to VHD or VHDX for Hyper-V?

Post by TheAndyMac Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:06 pm

That's awesome - will it be limited to tomcat6 or will it support later versions of tomcat, and will it need to be on Linux or anywhere you can run tomcat (i.e. potentially on a Windows device directly)?

TheAndyMac

Back to top Go down

Post by skiv71 Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:10 pm

I think that it does work on later tomcat version's, but this scada (which is very good) was developed several years ago now.

For the least grief, tomcat6 and java6 update < 43 and you're all working.

You are not tied to linux for the tomcat, since you can get binaries for tomcat/java for various operating systems.

The core is tied to linux as it uses bash extensively.

The API is via php, and needs to be local, but the new angular/bootstrap frontend can be run from anything that can host a web server.
skiv71
skiv71
Admin

http://bmslink.co.uk:8180 [guest:guest]

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAndyMac Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:22 pm

Ok, a Hyper-V VM it will be then :-) Looking forward to trying this out - might have a go with it on another machine where I can install VMWare or VirtualBox...

TheAndyMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum