welcome to BMS Link
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for automation

2 posters

Go down

Ideas for automation Empty Ideas for automation

Post by Moreno5 Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi guys,

I am in the middle of getting this software up and running with the great help from Neil. I have set up the interfaces and every point in the house, so next I need to pay for the licensing and finish the graphical display.

In the mean time, I have been getting loads of ideas of automation from the web and of course Neil, but thought. I would use this thread to hear people's ideas and of course air mine.

One a little different from the norm is being able to control my LED setup on my fish tank. At the moment I have separate blue and white leds controlled by a very simple 2 knob dimmer, so after discussions with Neil I am going to try the RGBW dimmer from Fibaro to replace the dimmer switch, giving me access via my smartphone etc and being able to control it via the. BMS Link.

Ideally, I don't want to touch it once it's installed. I want to be able to have the blue led being just before sunrise and whites come in slowly being all ramped up to midday to simulate the mid day sun. As we go into the evening the blues are more prominent until after sunset it goes totally blue and then off entirely.

A little different, but not impossible. The creators of the. LeDs have confirmed that the voltages are fine, so. I will take the dive soon and have a go. Along with this, I will be purchasing another energenie adaptor socket to be able to control on and off switches but will be talking to Neil about my pump which seems to be able to be controlled by the likes of Neptune Apex controllers as it has an RF transmitter inside.

Any thoughts?

Moreno5

Back to top Go down

Ideas for automation Empty Re: Ideas for automation

Post by pete252 Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:38 am

Great idea and one I will probably use myself. BMS Link will easily cope with this scenario especially with the Fibaro. It may take a few chats with Niel to get it working but I see no issues with what you are trying to achieve. I personally would prefer the proper RGB LED's that would make full use of the Fibaro. I think the Fibaro RGBW dimmer is going to be my next addition to my setup. From what I've seen Fibaro are the Apple of the z-wave world, just gorgeous and they have loads of available configurations.

I'd be very interested to see how you get on with this.

Pete
pete252
pete252

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum