welcome to BMS Link
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Lights Project

2 posters

Go down

Christmas Lights Project Empty Christmas Lights Project

Post by Moreno5 Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:50 am

Hi Guys,

I'm a proper newbie when it comes to all of this and Neil has been patiently helping me with my system and ideas. I thought I would kick this part of the forum off as the festive season is starting and of course the Christmas lights are going up.

Firstly, the equipment;

1 x Energenie radio controlled 4 gang extension lead - http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/diy/extension-leads-and-adaptors/energenie-extension-lead---radio-controlled---4-socket-395455 £24.99

Simple set of outdoor multicolour LED christmas lights

1 x RFX433 unit

Via the RFX433 device I am able to control each individual socket of the extension lead using BMSLINK. I am thinking of graphically representing this on my house graphical view but am yet to attempt that.

I wanted to simply have the lights power on 20 mins before sunset and then turn off at 22.30 during the week and 23.00 on the weekend. Doing this I would be able to take advantage of the day of the week and sunrise/sunset features of the system.

Here is the point detail set up with the script for you to see how I have set this up;

Christmas Lights Project Pointdetails

Now of course, Neil should be able to help you refine this to your system, but so far it is working well and would work brilliantly if you were doing this with a security light.

Moreno5

Back to top Go down

Christmas Lights Project Empty Re: Christmas Lights Project

Post by Phelzier Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:29 pm

I had mine running this year on my dusk dawn sensor, but I guess now I'll use the sunrise/sunset geo settings.

I installed an outside socket out the front of the house that I got from screwfix. Took out the original socket and shaved a little off one of the Lightwave sockets to attach the clamps to fit it in. Worked fantastically and meant that the outside lights went on and off like clockwork. A couple of extension leads in waterproof boxes to hook them all up to.

I like that extension lead though and that it works on the 433 range. Will keep that in mind if I want to run multiple devices from one of my sockets Smile

Phelzier

Back to top Go down

Post by Moreno5 Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:59 pm

Yeh it worked really well too. Love the fact that each individual socket can be controlled.

I made my own enclosure for it too, works well.

Moreno5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down